- The passage of Proposition K (在这里inafter “Prop K”) created a citywide assessment district which will generate twenty-five million dollars ($25,000,每年用于收购的资金, 改进, 建设, 以及城市公园的维护, 娱乐设施, and other projects through an annual real property tax assessment on City residents over a 30-year period. 资金用于国会大厦的改善和维护. 点击 在这里 K提案公投的文本.
- The primary purpose of Prop K is to combat the inadequacies and decay of the City’s youth infrastructure, 是什么导致了对公园的严重需求未得到满足, 娱乐, 儿童保育及社区设施.
- 在道具K, 两亿九千八百万, 八十五万美元(九十八美元),850,000) of the total amount generated over 30 years will be set aside to the City for 183 specified projects.
- Prop K also ordered the allocation of one hundred forty three million, 六十五万美元(143美元,650,000) of the total amount generated over 30 years through an open and competitive process for public agencies, 市政部门和非营利组织. All recipients of funds under Prop K must demonstrate an ability to provide ongoing programming at the facility in order to receive funds. 这是道具K所要求的匹配.
- 最初, the City of Los Angeles designated the Commission for Children, Youth and Their Families (CCYF) as the agency charged with administering the open and competitive process, L下.A. 为孩子计划. 条例》没有. 175654, 1月3日生效的, 2004, designated the City Engineer as the person responsible for administering the open and competitive process to allocate funds L下.A. 为孩子计划. 本条例解除了基督教青年会的这一责任.
- 通过两年一次的提案请求(RFP)过程, the City Engineer is responsible evaluating and rating submitted proposals, 并向L.A. 儿童指导委员会及市议会批准.
- 第一轮K支柱循环期间(一九九七年九月至一九九八年六月), 400万美元(4美元),000,000 CDBG and Prop K funds) were used to fund childcare projects. 第二次K计划周期(1999年7月至2000年6月), an additional four million dollars was made available through the Healthy Alternatives to Smoking Trust Fund (HATS) for any of the eight Prop K funding categories. 然而, the HATS funds had to be used in 人口普查 tracts that met the criteria based on the 1990 人口普查. During the third Prop K cycle (March 2001 – June 2002), an additional $17.7 million was made available from the State of California’s Proposition 12 Roberti-Z’berg-Harris 2000 Bond in the form of a Block Grant. 然而, the Prop 12 RZH funds had a 30% matching fund requirement and conditions that the proposed project be located on land the City owned, 租赁, 或者有其他长期的兴趣, and had to be located in a HATS 人口普查 tract or a 人口普查 tract with a 25% or more poverty level rate, 基于1990年的美国.S. 人口普查. 第四个K支柱循环于2003年8月展开, 并于2004年7月由市议会最终确定沙巴体育安卓版下截2.0项. T在这里 was approximately $9-10 million in Prop K funding available to be distributed throughout the City of Los Angeles.
- The City Engineer is also responsible for creating and convening 当地志愿者社区监督委员会 (LVNOC) in each Council District. These LVNOCs are responsible for reviewing and monitoring the progress of all non- Recreation and Parks competitive grant projects in their respective districts. Each LVNOC is comprised of no more than a total of seven voting members, including four neighborhood representatives and one youth representative appointed by their Council Member and neighborhood representatives appointed by the City Engineer (BOE Prop K).
- The City Engineer is also responsible for developing and monitoring the service and maintenance agreements for each completed competitive grant project.